TLDR: Short on time and want to jump straight to the answer?
As per our research, the best Port Scanner for most people is Nmap.
The port scanner is a device used to discover if a device is plugged into a computer or network. There are many advantages to using a port scanner. It may help in preventing security issues and damage to your computer or network. The port scanner is a device used to detect open ports on a computer or device you are using to access the internet. It is an open port scanner that works by sending stimulation signals to certain parts of the antennae. When a signal is received, your computer or device will interpret it as a valid connection and allow you to log onto the network.
After researching dozens of Port Scanner options available in the market today, we have compiled this list of top 8 Port Scanner to help you find the perfect solution based on your specific needs.
The 8 Best Port Scanner
Here are our top picks for the best Port Scanner,
- Nmap – Overall Best Port Scanner
- Advanced Port Scanner – Simple and Easy to Use Port Scanning Tool for Beginners
- SolarWinds – Most Popular Network Port Scanner
- TCP Port Scan with Nmap – Most Versatile Port Scanner Application for Flexibility and Customization
- ManageEngine OpUtils – Best Port Scanning Software with Fast and Reliable Support
- Port Tester – Most Affordable Windows Port Scanner
- MASSCAN – Best Freemium Linux Port Scanner
- Online Port Scanner – Top Rated Port Scanning Tool
So, let’s read on further to get a complete idea of our top Port Scanner picks for this year.
1. Nmap – Overall Best Port Scanner
Nmap free security scanner, port scanner, & network exploration tool. Download open source software for linux, windows, unix, freebsd, etc. Nmap: The network mapper – free security scanner.
2. Advanced Port Scanner – Simple and Easy to Use Port Scanning Tool for Beginners
Advanced port scanner is a free port scanner allowing you to quickly find open ports on network computers and retrieve versions of programs running on the detected ports. Advanced port scanner – free and fast port scanner.
3. SolarWinds – Most Popular Network Port Scanner
Using solarwinds open port scanner, you can scan and test open ports to gain a complete picture of your network. Download a free 14-day trial of engineer’s toolset – 60+ must-have network tools. Open port scanner – scan and test open ports – solarwinds.
4. TCP Port Scan with Nmap – Most Versatile Port Scanner Application for Flexibility and Customization
Based on nmap port scanner, this online port scanning service finds open tcp ports and services on target servers. Online port scanner with nmap – discover open tcp ports.
5. ManageEngine OpUtils – Best Port Scanning Software with Fast and Reliable Support
Simplify port scanner with oputils’ port scanning tool and prevent potential security breaches by finding open ports in your network quickly. Try now!. Port scanner – port scanning tools – manageengine oputils.
6. Port Tester – Most Affordable Windows Port Scanner
Check open ports with port tester tool. Scans the most common ports, check port forwarding on your router. Open port checker tool – port tester.
7. MASSCAN – Best Freemium Linux Port Scanner
Tcp port scanner, spews syn packets asynchronously, scanning entire internet in under 5 minutes. – github – robertdavidgraham/Masscan: Tcp port scanner, spews syn packets asynchronously, scanning entire internet in under 5 minutes. Github – robertdavidgraham/Masscan: Tcp port scanner, spews syn packets asynchronously, scanning entire internet in under 5 minutes.
8. Online Port Scanner – Top Rated Linux Port Scanner
Check for open ports on your computer or a server with our online scanner. Quick scanner based on nmap shows all ports. Online port scanner: Check for open ports on your computer or remotely — hidemy.Name.
Final Thoughts – Best Port Scanner
The right Port Scanner for you, depends on your specific needs, of course. Most of our top Port Scanner picks include a free trial, so don’t be shy about trying a few different brands until you find a perfect fit.
In review, here are our top 8 picks for the best Port Scanner.
|Name||Use Case||Website Link|
|1. Nmap||Overall Best Port Scanner||Try Now|
|2. Advanced Port Scanner||Simple and Easy to Use Port Scanning Tool for Beginners||Try Now|
|3. SolarWinds||Most Popular Network Port Scanner||Try Now|
|4. TCP Port Scan with Nmap||Most Versatile Port Scanner Application for Flexibility and Customization||Try Now|
|5. ManageEngine OpUtils||Best Port Scanning Software with Fast and Reliable Support||Try Now|
|6. Port Tester||Most Affordable Windows Port Scanner||Try Now|
|7. MASSCAN||Best Freemium Linux Port Scanner||Try Now|
|8. Online Port Scanner||Top Rated Port Scanning Tool||Try Now|
We hope that you found this guide helpful in choosing the best Port Scanner for your specific needs. Feel free to share the article with your friends and help spread the knowledge.