TLDR: Short on time and want to jump straight to the answer?
As per our research, the best FTP Client for most people is FileZilla.
FTP clients are used by many people to share files with other people over the internet. You can use them to upload and download large files, and they usually have simple rules on how they work. Everyone has their preferences when it comes to filing types and services they use; This is why it’s important to work out what type of client you need and what benefits it may offer. An FTP client is a free software application you can use to view and manage your files from any location. It is similar to a web browser that allows you to view web pages on your computer or tablet.
After researching dozens of FTP Client options available in the market today, we have compiled this list of top 8 FTP Client to help you find the perfect solution based on your specific needs.
The 8 Best FTP Client
Here are our top picks for the best FTP Client,
- FileZilla – Overall Best FTP Client
- Core FTP – Simple and Easy to Use FTP Software for Beginners
- WinSCP – Most Popular FTP Server
- SmartFTP – Most Versatile FTP Program for Flexibility and Customization
- Classic FTP – Best FTP Client for Mac with Fast and Reliable Support
- CrossFTP – Most Affordable FTP Client for Windows
- Transmit – Best Freemium FTP App
- Viper FTP – Top Rated FTP Software
So, let’s read on further to get a complete idea of our top FTP Client picks for this year.
1. FileZilla – Overall Best FTP Client
Filezilla – the free FTP solution for both client and server. Filezilla is open source software distributed free of charge. Filezilla – the free FTP solution.
2. Core FTP – Simple and Easy to Use FTP Software for Beginners
Fast, reliable, FTP client software with sftp (SSH), SSL, and tls support. Download a free, secure FTP program today. Free FTP client, secure file transfer software.
3. WinSCP – Most Popular FTP Server
Winscp is a free sftp, scp, amazon s3, webdav, and FTP client for windows. Winscp :: Official site :: Free sftp and FTP client for windows toggle search search.
4. SmartFTP – Most Versatile FTP Program for Flexibility and Customization
Welcome to the home of smartftp, the most popular FTP client for windows. Smartftp – FTP client.
5. Classic FTP – Best FTP Client for Mac with Fast and Reliable Support
Download classic FTP, an easy and reliable FTP client for file sharing or website maintenance, to upload, download, transfer and backup files on your computer. Classic FTP free file transfer software for websites.
6. CrossFTP – Most Affordable FTP Client for Windows
Crossftp is a powerful FTP and amazon s3 client. Crossftp – FTP and amazon s3 client.
7. Transmit – Best Freemium FTP App
The gold standard of macos file transfer apps just drove into the future. Transmit 5 is here. Upload, download, and manage files on tons of servers with an easy, familiar, and powerful UI. It’s quite good. Transmit 5.
8. Viper FTP – Top Rated FTP App
Viper FTP – viper FTP is a handy and powerful file manager for macos, with a tremendous user interface that makes it effortless to use. Viper FTP – handy FTP client for macos.
Final Thoughts – Best FTP Client
The right FTP Client for you, depends on your specific needs, of course. Most of our top FTP Client picks include a free trial, so don’t be shy about trying a few different brands until you find a perfect fit.
In review, here are our top 8 picks for the best FTP Client.
|Overall Best FTP Client
|2. Core FTP
|Simple and Easy to Use FTP Software for Beginners
|Most Popular FTP Server
|Most Versatile FTP Program for Flexibility and Customization
|5. Classic FTP
|Best FTP Client for Mac with Fast and Reliable Support
|Most Affordable FTP Client for Windows
|Best Freemium FTP App
|8. Viper FTP
|Top Rated FTP Software
We hope that you found this guide helpful in choosing the best FTP Client for your specific needs. Feel free to share the article with your friends and help spread the knowledge.